It’s no secret that I love food. And I really love discovering new foods at the grocery store. Because I don’t know if you guys knew this… but grocery shopping is kind of a hobby of mine. So I thought I would share a few of my new food finds:
1. Love Crunch Granola: I’ve seen Love Crunch Granola featured on a number of blogs lately and everyone has been giving it such rave reviews. I try not to buy granola too often because it’s easy enough to make on my own, and it is usually pretty expensive. But when I saw a bag of Love Crunch Chocolate & Red Berries granola half off at Marshalls, I thought I would give it a whirl. And I am so glad I did. This granola is so, so good. It’s extra crunchy and full of granola clusters and the flavor is incredible. Chocolate and dried berries make it more of a sweet treat than your typical breakfast granola. My only complaint is that I can’t stop eating it.
2. Chobani Pear Greek Yogurt Once upon a time I used to buy a ton of “light yogurts” and I never understood why I had such bad stomachaches after eating it. And then my best friend Lo shed some light on how bad these sugar-free foods can be. Thank goodness for her healthy living know how.Nowadays I tend to try to eat things with as few ingredients as possible and ingredients that I can actually pronounce. And that is where Chobani came in. This all natural Greek yogurt is creamy, delicious and devoid of all that fake crap that made my stomach hurt. I’ve recently been loving their new pear flavor. Unlike a lot of fruit flavored foods, this yogurt actually tastes like pears because it has real pear puree swirled through.
3. Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Burgers: My coworkers make fun of me because I bring a veggie burger to work pretty much every day for lunch. And Dr. Praeger’s is by far my favorite brand. I stumbled upon it one day at Trader Joe’s and thought it sounded pretty delicious. And oh, it is. It has a great flavor and texture and is perfectly acceptable to eat every day for lunch.
4. Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Vanilla Tea: About a year ago I had terrible insomnia every night. So to avoid being a total zombie I started drinking this tea to help me fall asleep. And even though I think the cure to my insomnia had very little to do with the tea and had way more to do with leaving a terribly stressful job for a job I really love, the tea is still pretty delicious. It has a subtle vanilla flavor and is a nice way to end the night.
5. Easter M&M’s: Does anyone else think seasonal M&Ms just taste better than the regular M&Ms? I don’t know why, but the festive colors always make these classic candies even more appealing and I can’t help tossing a bag in my grocery cart every time a holiday comes around. This bag will actually show up in a fun new recipe this week. Yum!