Hey friends, I have good news! Miss Petite Sweets was recently nominated for the Most Versatile Blogger Award! My new blogging friend Candy of Lovely Buns nominated me. Her site is full of delicious dessert recipes, so you all should check it out. In order to participate in the awards I have to do two things. The first is to share 7 fun facts about myself…so here goes:
- When I was four, a babysitter told me I was adopted. We have no idea why, but I was slightly traumatized.
- My dad raised me to be a loyal Parrot Head. ( Or a Jimmy Buffet fan for all you non-believers)
- One time..I met Ben Folds…and it was one of the best nights of my life.
- When I was little I had great plans to become a ballerina, alas…I never grew past 4’11.
- One of my lifelong goals is to run a half marathon. And I may start training for one this summer.
- I’ve read books about the psychological profile of famous serial killers because I think it’s a fascinating subject. Don’t judge.
- I used to sing solos in high school choir pretty often, but the idea of performing kareoke absolutely terrifies me.
And the other part of being nominated is to nominate and list of other blogs that I read regularly. So here is my lovely list of my daily reads:
- Espresso and Cream
- Sugar Plum Blog
- Eat Live Run
- How Sweet It Is
- Daily Garnish
- Peanut Butter Fingers
- Carrots n’ Cake
- Get Off Your Butt and Bake
- Sweet Pea’s Kitchen
- Keep it Sweet
- My Beautiful Disasters
- Joy the Baker
- Healthy Food for Living
- Chocolate Covered Katie
- Dinner or Dessert
And now for something a little less blogging related. A healthy recipe for Pumpkin-Blueberry Banana Bread. This bread is chock full of healthy ingredients and has a subtle flavor, perfect for breakfast or a mid morning snack. In order to create this healthified recipe, I used ground flax seed as an egg replacement, mashed bananas to acheive a super moist texture and pumpkin butter to add sweetness without too much added sugar. I bought the pumpkin butter at Trader Joe’s, but if you aren’t able to find it, Apple Butter would work just fine as well. The bread is very dense and is best served warm with just a touch of jam. Enjoy!
- 1 cup rolled oat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 pumpkin butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed + 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup of fresh blueberries
- To make oat flour, place rolled oats in a food processor, and grind until mixture resembles a fine powder
- In a large bowl, mix oat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, & brown sugar
- In a separate bowl, mix mashed bananas, pumpkin butter, and vanilla extract together until well incorporated
- To make flax seed “egg” mix 1 tablespoon flax seed & 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl and stir until a soft gel forms
- Pour wet ingredients & flax seed mixture into dry ingredients and mix well
- Fold in blueberries and pour batter into a greased bread pan
- Bake bread at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean