We are all pretty familiar with the classic nutty chocolate combination that has given us countless candy bars and sugary confections. I’ve experimented with this delectable pairing myself…what with my Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes and Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Pies. And then there were the Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars…and the Chocolate Peanut Butter Faux Fudge. Needless to say, as delicious as this combination can be, I’m thinking it is about time for something new. Enter Macadamia Nuts & White Chocolate. Nothing too crazy. In fact these two ingredients are the main components of yet another bakery mainstay, The White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie. But here we have a creation that is a bit unusual. A nut butter that serves as more of a dessert than a school lunch classic. This nut butter is creamy and sweet and has a number of great uses. You can add it into sugar cookie dough to create a cookie with a bit of intrigue. Or you can swirl it into plain oatmeal to sweeten up your morning meal. Or you can keep it really simple and slather this sweet spread over a graham cracker for a late night snack. The choice is yours.
Ingredients: Makes 1 jar
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a food processor, grind cashews until nuts are completely ground up and resembles a thick paste ( about 5 minutes)
- In a small bowl, melt white chocolate chips until smooth and creamy
- Slowly add melted chocolate into food processor and process until well incorporated
- Add canola oil until cashew butter reaches a smooth consistency.